skip to Main Content
Menu

Midnight fire kills doctor, two others in Bauchi

About three persons reportedly lost their life following a midnight fire that gutted their home in Tashan Durumi, in Toro LGA of Bauchi state.

It was gathered that the fire first consumed the carpet on the floor before getting to the refrigerator and in the process exploding the gas compartment of the fridge which led to the death of the victims.

Residents told DAILY POST that the fire incident occurred at midnight while the victims were asleep after lighting a mosquito coil.
“Honestly, what happened is very unfortunate because the victims were burnt beyond recognition following gas explosion which aided the disaster,” said a resident.

The victims are: Doctor Yakubu, who is in charge of the village dispensary, his wife, Jemila, as well as their daughter, Ummu Sallam Yakubu.

Another resident, Bala Bogoro told DAILY POST that neighbours had to scampered for safety out of fear while others tried to quench the fire with water and sand.

“In fact, the place of the incident was filled as people woke and rallied round to save the lives of the victims, but to no avail,” added Bogoro.

DAILY POST reports that the victims have been buried according to Islamic rite following failed attempt to respond to medical treatment.











Leave a Comment...